Pastured free range whole suckling and spit pigs!
There’s nothing more impressive than a spit roast taking centre stage at a large gathering. The smell of the succulent roast pork mixed with the charcoal and smoke is enough to make anyone’s mouth water!
We are now offering spit pigs when they’re available. We can send our spit pigs as far north as Rockhampton, south to Brisbane and anywhere in between.
Let us know if you have a butcher that you would like your pig sent to – the pig must be delivered to a retail outlet that already accepts deliveries from Biggenden Meatworks.
Your spit pig will be processed the week before your collection date. We do not freeze our spit pigs.
How big a pig?...
The following is a guide only and is based on a serving size of around 300 to 350 grams of pork per person.
- Suckling (approx 10-12kg) – serves 15-22 people (approx. 65 to 75cm)
- Small (approx 13-20kg) – serves 20-35 people (approx. 75 to 90 cm)
- Medium (approx 21-25kg) – serves 33-50 people (approx. 90 to 95 cm)
- Large (approx 26-35kg) – serves 45-65 people (approx. 95 to 105 cm)
A whole dressed spit pig will usually yield around 60% of it’s weight in cooked pork. So, for example, a pig of 25kg will yield around 15kg of cooked pork. If you serve 330g of pork per person you could feed up to 45 people, but just make sure you do have enough to go round!
Spit pigs are priced per kilo for the whole dressed pig depending on the size. This is a flat rate per kilo, which includes processing, transport and handling. This price does not include stuffing or trussing, but this is easy (and fun) to do yourself.
At the time of ordering we take a $100 deposit to secure your pig. Once the pig has been processed we will send an invoice to your nominated email address with the balance owing. The balance must be paid prior to collecting your pig.
- Suckling @ $24.00 per kilo
- Small @ $22.00 per kilo
- Medium @ $18.00 per kilo
- Large @ $15.00 per kilo
Planning for your Spit Pig...
How to order your Yanjala free range spit pig...
- Simply select the date you require your spit pig – please try to allow at least 3 weeks ordering time – there are logistics involved that we will need to book/organise
- Select the butcher you would like your pig sent to. You can contact us to enquire about sending your pig to a different butcher (they must be able to accept deliveries from Biggenden Meatworks).
- Continue through the cart process as though you are making a purchase
- We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if we have a pig of your desired size available for your collection date
- We will then send you an invoice for $150 to reserve your pig
- As soon as your spit pig has been processed we’ll contact you again to let you know the dressed weight and the balance owing. Final payment to us for the balance of your spit pig is required prior to pick up from the butcher.
- The butcher will receive your pig a few days after processing, they will store it in their fridge for you.
- You will need a large esky or ice-box to store your pig if you’re not putting it straight on the spit.